Veronte Autopilot electronics for control station enables communications between the PC in the control station and the Veronte Autopilot unit onboard the unmanned vehicle (drone, UAV, USV, UGV…).
The Veronte Autopilot for control station embeds a GPS receiver and multiple sensors, such as the ones in Veronte Autopilot. It enables advanced features when using Veronte Autopilot in demanding applications.
- Differential GPS: By using control station GPS together with the GPS data in the onboard autopilot it is possible to enable precise positioning algorithms.
- Operation from Moving Platforms: Monitor the control station position during the operation and use it for automatic actions performance.
- Follow Me and Relative Missions: Perform missions relatively to the control station.
- Sensor Data: Display and monitor: pressure, position, attitude, control station battery and more.
The datalink radio embedded in the control station electronics enables long range communications between the control station and the autonomous vehicle. This is a two way communications radio, permitting to receive telemetry data from the vehicle and sending commands from the control station (new route, go home, phase change, activate payload, gimbal control) or the joystick.
Embedded radios can be configured for custom system architectures: point to point communications, and multiple aircraft control from same control station, multiple control station network.
The radio in Veronte Autopilot can also be used as a two way communications tunnel between devices in the control station and others installed onboard the UAV, drone, USV, UGV… It enables RS232, CAN Bus and digital port tunnels for the use of gimbals, transponders.
Veronte Autopilot electronics for control station includes control features for managing any payload or device connected to the control station: tracking antennas, weather stations, lights, alarms with the option to connect switches or sticks to be used as system inputs.
Control outputs in the control station can be configured in the same way that are used in the onboard autopilot: PIDs, custom buttons, automatic device activation in certain events.
Electronics for control station can be used with any PC or tablet by connecting the Veronte Autopilot unit trough the Ethernet port. It can even be connected through a router or an Ethernet network.
These electronics can be embedded in any custom control station: cabin like, truck based, tablet based, or it can just be used with a regular laptop.
Embention produces two fully embedded control stations where Veronte Autopilot for control station can be embedded:
- Veronte TCS: Portable control station based in a rugged tablet
- Veronte HCS: Dual screen control station for demanding applications
Note: when selecting your configuration make sure that the radio on the control station is the same installed in the onboard unit.